what once was lost has been found!!!!!!!
and now The Spy Who Loved Me Lotus Esprit Series 1 ‘Submarine’ Car CAN BE YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this car was one of six Esprit body shells used in the making of the film, but the only one to be built into a fully operational, self-propelled ‘submarine’. at the time, the car was said to have cost over $100,000 to create (equivalent to nearly a half million dollars today)
not sure if the sub-car still comes with these features or not
- ability to turn into a submarine, complete with a telescopic periscope, retractable wheels, four control fins, four rear propellers and two stabilizing fins (rudders)
- liquid cement-spraying jets behind the rear license plate on land and a squid-like ink/oil-spraying jet for underwater use
- mine dispenser under the car
- two under-bonnet harpoons
- four under-bonnet heat-seeking missile launchers (for underwater use)
- four surface-to-air radar-guided missiles