May The Force Majeure
The best thing to ever happen to movies is George Lucas creating Star Wars
The best thing to ever happen to Star Wars is Disney becoming its keeper
Two Disney movies in and the franchise is beyond on the right path back to where it needs to be… and galaxies away from the wrong turns Lucas took with his prequels
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is the prequel the fans have needed and wanted all along. It’s no stretch to say that it’s better than Episode I thru III combined, times a zillion. It may be rogue to say so, but I believe Rogue One is a better Star Wars movie than Force Awakens is. It’s true! Cause I juss said it!
So why does Rogue One work as a Star Wars movie (more so than the prequels AND Episode VII)?
- Rogue One tries to fit into the Star Wars world, without having to be too bound (and gagged) by it. There’s no text crawl, no John Williams score, and gasp – there are actual lower-third titles telling us the locations of where we are. For Star Wars movies to evolve – they need to break from the past, but also celebrate them. Rogue hits the balance perfectly, and is an excellent kick off right into Episode IV
- There’s not that much Jedi stuff. Look, we know Star Wars is what it is cause of Skywalkers, and lightsabers and hokey religion things, but after those forced-forcey prequels, and the new Rey & Kylo stuff, we needed a break from it all. Rogue keeps the Jedi stuff to a minimum, and truly puts the ‘star’s and ‘wars’ back in Star Wars!
- People die – LOTS of them – and we’re not just talking about bad guys. Gritty is good. Episode IV was gritty. Things should try to be more like Episode IV. Episode VII was cutesy – almost TOO cutesy. Here’s hoping Episode VIII is grittier!
- It’s OK for Star Wars to be less white. I know, it seems like overkill trying to OVERLY make your cast a United Colors of Benetton ad, but if your actors are good, then the acting is going to be too. All the actors cast in the film were great. EVERYONE (well, I didn’t really like this lady and her role, but it’s probably not her fault cause she didn’t write her own dialog). Sure, there wasn’t too much time to give the characters actual character, but Ben Mendelsohn, Diego Luna, Mads Mikkelsen, Felicity Jones, Donnie Yen, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen, and Forest Whitaker gave it their all, and in turn, I’m all for them!
- Plus, Diego Luna is super hot
- Plus, Ben Mendelsohn is such a good screen a$$hole
- Plus, Mads Mikkelsen is the fcuking best ever!!! (ok, maybe 2nd best ever – juss a tick behind the greatest living actor – Ciarán Hinds)
- Alan Tudyk‘s droid K-2SO is more like A+2SO!!
- The Death Star never looked better – or more menacing!
- Plain and simple – Rogue One looks AND feels like Star Wars – not some shiny bullsh!t imitation version of it
- Simple and plain – Rogue One was a lot of fcuking fun!
- The nods to the fans & cameos were good, even if most of them were unnecessary, but hey, us fans love being nodded at! BLUE MILK!
- three words – stormtroopers in paradise!
wait, was there ANYTHING I didn’t like?
yeah – these rebel solider helmets, which don’t look very Star Warsy to me. but that’s juss me. maybe you disagree and think this movie was juss ok, or sucked, but maybe you’re juss ok, or suck!
Verdictgo: Breast In Show
Rogue One for all at a theater near jews and white nationalists
Next stand alone Star Wars story I want to see get made???
BOSSK TO THE FUTURE!!!
and until next thyme the balcony is clothed…